Railcomplete AS is the company behind the RailCOMPLETE engineering tool, which is a revolution in the world BIM rail market. Railway includes the fields of Track, Catenary, Power, Signaling, Telematics, Earthing, Signage and Cable routing. There are very complex interactions between the disciplines – they each have their own specific needs for analysis, support tools and presentation in the form of drawings and tables. RailCOMPLETE brings all the disciplines together in a common BIM model.
The software handles railway engineering construction details, 3D display and export to various data formats, but also complex mathematical challenges in track geometry, regression analysis, pattern recognition, synthesis of the signal systems’ light and track switching, and support for capacity calculations. The core system is common to all the world’s rail administrations, and is developed in C#/.NET as a plugin in AutoCAD®.
Railcomplete’s focus is to enable its customers to deliver cost-efficient services of the highest quality – and this will be an even clearer requirement from the rail administrations when BIM has made its final entry into the railroads. We will further develop the software towards Norwegian customers, and we are starting these days at a customization development aimed at the French SNCF Réseau.
We are therefore seeking a railway engineer with developer competence that can be the link between the developer staff and railway expertise internally and with customers.
- Development of “DNA” – Definition of Network Assets – for different countries railway authorities. This includes obtaining information about and then model object types, methods, properties, tolerances and regulations for tracks, contact lines, signaling systems and more
- Maintain and develop existing DNA material
- Software development, with focus on specific features for each customer. Our customers use various software packages for track design, contact line design, signaling system.
- Work according to QA system – developing, testing, documenting
- Participate in the development of our spring roadmap
- Participate in bidding processes and development mission
- Higher education within IT and technology subjects, mathematics / statistics or other relevant education. Relevant experience can replace formal education.
- Job experience from one or several of the disciplines within railway engineering
- Experience from software development projects
- Good Norwegian and English
- A strong interest in railways
- Self-driven, hard working and efficient
- Solution oriented
- Quality conscious
- Like to have contact with customers and users to obtain info and test solutions
- Quick to seek help when it is needed: confident in own knowledge, aware of own limitations
- Curious and eager to learn
- Desire and ability to share knowledge with others
- Competitive conditions and good insurance and pension schemes
- Stock options, salary development follows Tekna’s tables
- An inspiring and good collegial environment
- Flexible working hours
- An employer who wants to further develop their employees to thrive and increase their skills
- Get deep insight into the complex realm of railways
Questions and applications should be addressed to email@example.com.